Welcome, and thank you for visiting our website! Our goal is to help you find the information you need in as efficient and effective manner as possible, whether you are a person looking at long-term care options to meet yours or a loved one’s needs, a provider seeking information on contracting or someone seeking employment. If for some reason you cannot find the information you need, please contact me using the information in the Contact Us section of this site.
You will find a lot of information on our website about Family Care, long-term care, WWC departments and our Board of Directors. These definitions may help you navigate our pages.
Long-Term Care is assistance adults receive to accomplish activities of daily living and care for their health, especially when faced with challenges due to a disability or the frailties of aging. This care can be provided at different levels in any residential or community setting.
Family Care is a Wisconsin program that pairs social workers and nurses in Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) with adult members that enroll in their MCO. The Family Care social worker and nurse work with each member and/or guardian as a team to develop a member-centered plan. These plans include:
- The member’s goals and desired outcomes; and
- The long-term care services, using paid and/or unpaid supports, to help the member meet these goals and to remain as independent as possible.
WWC is the MCO that has been providing the Family Care benefit to our eight-county service region (Buffalo, Clark, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Trempealeau and Vernon Counties) since 2008. We are very proud of our local presence and the success we have achieved in meeting the long-term care needs of those we serve with high-quality, person-centered care. To view our contract with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), visit WI Family Care page.
I'm proud of what we've achieved at WWC and gratified by the individual success our members have achieved through our support. In fact
- WWC is the first MCO in the state of Wisconsin to receive a 100 percent compliance rating in the annual audit of program quality completed by state contracted auditors;
- WWC has member satisfaction ratings consistently in the 95% range;
- WWC offers more than 700 service providers in our network to meet the unique needs of each individual;
- WWC serves members out of five local offices in Blair, La Crosse, Mondovi, Neillsville and Sparta; and
- WWC’s goal each and every day is for every member in our program to achieve the highest level of dignity and independence possible!
Thank you again for visiting! Please come again.
Executive Director of Western Wisconsin Cares