Community Resources for Members
The following resources are available to all individuals in the our community. Additional resources for prevention and wellness can be found under the sub-pages included on the left navigation menu.
Crisis Phone Numbers
- 9-1-1 – Emergency access number for first responders, police and fire personnel
- 2-1-1 – Great Rivers 211 offering assistance locating resources in Great Rivers region
Residents in Buffalo, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Trempealeau and Vernon counties may visit here
Residents in Clark County may visit here
- La Crosse County Crisis – (608) 784-HELP (4357)
Falls & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – Falls prevention and intervention information, along with safety information on other topics
- La Crosse YMCA – Provides programming for inclusion and adaptation so individuals of all ability levels can participate. Volunteer staff available to help with some programs. Program areas include aquatics, dance, education, fitness and sports. The linked website has membership rates and information along with financial assistance details for qualifying individuals/families.
- Coulee Cap – Offers has many helpful programs available such as The Affordable Housing and Repair Program, supportive housing (transitional and permanent), Homeless Prevention Program, energy efficiency, home rehabilitation, employment, transportation, food, fuel, clothing and more.
- Wisconsin Dental Association – Lists low cost dental clinics.
- Donated Dental Services – Provides overview, application and contact information.
- Wisconsin Dentists that accept MA – BadgerCare, SeniorCare.
- Consumer Guide to Health Care – Lists free or reduced-fee dental services in Wisconsin.
- Dentist Locator – Locates dentists anywhere in the United States.
Health Care Resources
- Consumer Guide to Health Care Resources for Seniors – Offers information on programs in Wisconsin and nationwide
- http://www.healthfinder.gov/Default.aspx – Contains information on health topics, toolkits, health care reform and many related links and resources.
- http://www.webmd.com – Provides access to many health topics, ideas for healthy living, supplements, symptom checker and much more.
Resources for Farmers/Ranchers with Disabilities
- Easter Seals FARM Program – Helps farmers or agricultural workers with disabilities continue farming, develop an alternative enterprise or begin an agricultural enterprise.
- AgrAbility of the University of Wisconsin Extension – Offers programs to assist farmers and ranchers with disabilities.
- Consumer Guide for Health Care Resources for Rural and Farm Residents and Workers – Provides some information in Hmong and Spanish.
Advanced Care Planning
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Advanced Care Planning – Contains resources such as consumer guide, information on Health Care Power of Attorney, etc.
- Gundersen Health Care Systems Advanced Care Planning – Offers information and resources for advanced care planning.
- Mayo Clinic Advance Care Planning – Offers information and resources for advanced care planning.
- Mayo Clinic - An Advance Health Care Directive – Provides a legal form to designate your care directives.
- Mayo Clinic Advance Health Care Planning - Making Your Wishes Known – Includes a guide to decision-making for your future healthcare.
- American Bar Association – Includes a consumer's toolkit for health care advanced planning.
- CDC – Provedes many resources to review when considering advanced health care planning.